Wednesday, April 22, 2009

work in progress

I started writing this in study hall and I'm not sure if I'm done or if I'm going to change it. This might be what I read at the coffee house on Friday.

"Smells like rain,"
Said he to she.
"Smells like rain
And tastes like clouds."
Then no more words were said.

They listened, feeling
With their eyes,
As the first droplets began
To fall upon the ground's feet,
Reaching up toward their hands,
Which could now hear the
Abundantly tiny "Pat-a-tat"

"Smells like rain,"
Said she to he,
As they tuned their ears
To taste the sounds and smells
Brought to them
By smiling clouds.



On top of that, I really want to use this phrase somewhere in a poem. I just don't know what to put around it, lol.

"In my mind's eye, I
Rode along the road."

WHAT DO I DO WITH THAT? I'm thinking it'll be something about a dream.

3 comments:

  1. love the poem, i published it on the (w)riting room if you want to go check it out.
    tell your friends to head on over there and check it out and then subtly hint that they should send in their own stuff :)
    lol!
    keep up the good poems :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem, very lovely euphony!

    "In my minds eye, I
    Road along the road"

    It does sound like an uncouncious thought, Big Fish-Tim Burton like dream, with a little Alice in Wonderland as well.

    ReplyDelete