Wednesday, April 22, 2009

a series of haikus

Here are a bunch of haikus I wrote during study hall. First time I'm posting something that wasn't an assignment!

If you don't already know, I'll explain what a haiku is. Basically, it's three lines long. First and third lines are both five syllables long, while the second is seven syllables long. It can be about anything, although I think people use them a lot to describe like nature and such, if I'm not mistaken. Anywho, here they are.



Teeny, tiny pats.
Happy, wet, and free they fall.
The smell captures me.

Dainty black flowers
Dance on a white ballroom floor
Softly touched by pink

Eating on the floor,
We laugh without abandon,
Love each other free.

Half-moon home of laughs,
Beautiful and oh so sweet
Perfectly crooked.

Yellow boxes sleep.
Others sleep on them, content.
While some-bored to death.

Subjects (in this order): Rain, my prom/banquet dress, my lunch group, a certain smile, study hall furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment